At Tuishuis Lodge, we will make you feel at home; comfortable; safe and treat you as Royalty. You will get more than expected from our Lodge. You will have a "WOW" moment as soon as you come in and see the intriguing gardens until you say good bye! You don’t have to look any further - we can meet your every need offering 5 accommodation options:
- Bed & Breakfast;
- Dinner, Bed & Breakfast;
- Executive Room;
- Family Unit.
Benefit from the free Wi-Fi; relax at the pool and indulge yourself with our home cooked meals.
Tuishuis Lodge originated in 1998 and was originally known as Clubview Tuishuis. We started off with the family unit "Tuishuis". Four years later we built Oppihoog 1, Oppihoog 2 and Oppivlak.
The conference room and Omnihoek was built where a thatch roof lapa used to be, and when this building was finished the house to next door to the right of Tuishuis was purchased and the gardens consolidated.
The dining room, the rest of the rooms, kitchen, porch and fish pond were built and renovated in 2006. The name was then changed to Tuishuis Home Lodge. More rooms were built on and rented out to long term tenants.
In 2009 the office, restrooms, the Opaal room and the rest of the fish ponds were built. This then enabled us to host functions, our speciality "themed" functions.
In 2011 the name was finally changed to Tuishuis Lodge. This year, 2014, we upgraded the bar area and built an additional room, Oppipunt.
Come and enjoy a stay with Tuishuis, whether for an over night stay, function or conference, we welcome you.
What does Tuishuis Lodge offer you:
- Long term accommodation
- Honeymoon suite
- Conference fasilities
- Braai facilities
- Kitchen teas
- Themed Parties
- Team building
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Tuishuis Lodge is close to:
- Gautrain: The GAUTRAIN is an 80 kilometre mass rapid transit railway system, which is a long-winded way of saying that Johannesburg constructed a (really) fast train that cuts out all of the traffic to and from the airport, just in time for the Soccer World Cup 2010. Its presence is estimated to cut 20% of the cars that usually frequent the N1 highway, en route to and from OR Tambo Airport. Catch your ride today
- Voortrekker Monument: The huge Voortrekker Monument in Tshwane is a unique cultural and historic attraction that draws some 200 000 visitors annually. Built to commemorate the Voortrekker pioneers and their journey — the Great Trek — it is located on a hill in the 240ha Voortrekker Monument and Nature Reserve, also known as the Voortrekker Monument Heritage Site, south of Pretoria.
The building was designed by architect Gerard Moerdijk to commemorate the bravery and persistence of the Afrikaner pioneers, who embarked north on the Great Trek between 1835 and 1854, from the British-controlled Cape Colony.
- Rietvlei Nature Reserve: Rietvlei Nature Reserve is one of the world's largest urban nature reserves, 3 800 hectares in extent, situated south of the city but still within the city limits. The Rietvlei Nature Reserve lies very close to the highway between Pretoria and OR Tambo International Airport at a height of about 1700 m above sea level, which is about 300 m higher than Pretoria.
- Smuts House Museum: If you haven’t already visited the house in which Jan Smuts lived, then take advantage of staying in the vicinity and go and see the Big House, as Jan Smuts and his family used to call their home in Irene, half way (more or less) between Johannesburg and Pretoria. In similar fashion to the Kruger House Museum in Pretoria, Smuts House is another relaxed, slice-of-life museum in contrast to other cities, where museums are big, ornate buildings.
- Swartkop Colf Course: The Zwartkop Country Club enjoys prime estate and is built around a particularly stunning stretch of the Hennops River. So closely integrated into the design of this course is the Hennops that players end up crossing the river 12 times during a round here.
- Centurion Mall: Where fashion, dining, entertainment and fun comes naturally! Centurion Mall is Centurion's very own super regional shopping centre. With its wide variety of shops, services and leisure options, shoppers can enjoy natural shopping in an open-aired Mall that boasts more than 200 stores and restaurants.
- Acrobranch: Consisting of 5 courses and a BigZip line, Acrobranch is a great way to get the kids active and outdoors. The courses range in difficulty and height in order to cater to all age groups. There are 4 different courses to choose from with well trained staff on hand to assist.Bookings are recommended as the course can get quite busy especially over the holiday periods.
- Swartkop Air Force Museum: The South African Air Force Museum is for those who love all things aviation, who have a passion for military history and who want to learn more about South Africa’s rich aviation history. Despite a long tradition, it was only relatively recently that South African aviation found a home for its historical aircraft and artefacts.
Resturants Near Tuishuis Lodge:
How far is Tuishuis Lodge from ?
•Gautrain Station Centurion: 3km
•Netcare Unitas Hospital: 3km
•Swartkop Golf Estate: 3.7km
•Centurion Mall: 3.5km
•O.R Tambo International Airport: 46km
•Lanseria airport: 41km
•Supersport Park: 4.9km
•Loftus versfeld: 13.6km
•Copper leafgolf and Country estate: 18km
For any other enquiries please contact Mandie at 012 654 5713